VET Student Loans is a student loan scheme for the VET (Vocational Education and Training) sector that is part of the Commonwealth Government’s Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
VET Student Loans assists eligible students undertaking approved VET Diploma and
To be eligible for VET Student Loans assistance, you must be undertaking study at an approved VET provider (such as the ANMT) and:
- be an Australian citizen OR the holder of a permanent humanitarian visa who will be resident in Australia for the duration of the VET unit of study for which you are seeking VET Student Laons assistance;
- be undertaking study as a full fee-paying student OR be undertaking study as an eligible subsidized student in a Reform State or Territory;
- be enrolled on or before the census date (which is set at no less than 20% of the duration of the eligible VET unit of study) and remain enrolled in the unit at the end of the census date;
- have completed, signed and submitted a valid Request for VET Student Loans assistance form on or before the census date for the VET course of study of which the unit forms a part;
- meet the tax file number requirements; and
- not have exceeded the FEE- HELP limit.
Full details can be obtained from the VET Student Loans Information Booklet 2017
If you are eligible for VET Student Loans assistance you can borrow funds up to your lifetime FEE- HELP limit to help pay for up to $10,000 of your VET tuition fees for this course. In 2017 the FEE-HELP loan limit is $100,879. This amount is indexed each year.
A loan fee of 20% applies to full fee-paying students undertaking VET Student Loans but the FEE-HELP limit does not include the loan fee.
VET Student Loans debts become part of your accumulated HELP debt. The debt is indexed each year by movements in the CPI (Consumer Price Index) to maintain its real value. The debt is paid through the tax system once your income is above the minimum repayment threshold for compulsory repayment; for the 2016–17 income year it is $54,869. You can make voluntary repayments to reduce your HELP debt at any time; some voluntary repayments attract a bonus. Further details are available at www.ato.gov.au
For more information, including frequently asked questions, about VET Student Loans call the VET Student Loans enquiry line on 1800 020 108 or email VETStudentLoans@education.gov.au
VET Student Loans policies and
301 Moved Permanently
301 Moved Permanently
The following section covers the VET Student Loans policies and procedures that demonstrate the ANMT’s compliance with the requirements concerning:
- VET Tuition Assurance (which protects students in the event that the ANMT ceases to provide the course of study in which a student is enrolled.)
- Fair Treatment and
nginxEqual Opportunity (including selection policies and procedures and treatment of students.)
- Privacy Procedures (including the collection and storage of personal information, use and disclosure of personal information and access to personal information.)
- Fees Policy (focusing on student review procedures and FEE-HELP balances.)
- Student Grievance Procedures – Academic and Non-academic ( including definitions, stages in the complaints procedures, record-keeping requirements and contacts)
- Tuition Assurance – The ANMT is a member of an approved Tuition Assurance Scheme to protect student fees should we have to cancel a course. Our Statement of VET Tuition Assurance is available to download below.
All other aspects of Drama School Policy and Procedures are detailed in the Drama School Handbook, which is available from the School Administrator.